Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude

10 Things I'm Thankful For
1-Nuts; I love Almonds, Pecans, Peanuts, Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Sunflower seeds...etc. I probably wouldn't have survived the first week of November if it hadn't been for nuts. Besides, you can't make Chocolate Pecan Pie without pecans!
2-New Carpet that's soft on my poor feet. Plus it's fun to blow carpet fuzz around with Evelyn.
3-New Dishwasher that has a steam clean feature. Take THAT hard water!
4-Evelyn is starting to interact with people at church. She steals their kids' toys, and brings them back to me--but she doesn't run down the isle! AND she went to nursery yesterday!!!
5-Lots of Christmas decorations! And Christmas music! And staring at the glowing Christmas tree while snuggling with that certain someone.
6-Those sweet moments of motherhood, like when Evelyn just wants to snuggle with mommy, or when she wants her mommy to eat another helping of cake, or when she pleads: "Momma, temple, GO!! Please, Please, Please!!!"
7-"The Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, and the movie "Scrooge" with Albert Finney. They always make me happy. But also for the opportunity to go on a date with Michael to Jim Carrey's new "Christmas Carol."
8- Watching snowfall while holding hands, Running in the snow, Rolling in snow, and Sculpting George Washington praying at Valley Forge in snow. Then drinking Stephan's Hot Chocolate (Hazelnut or Chocolate Mint are the best! --Though the peanut butter cup also has a special place in my heart.)
9-Coming home from choir or shopping or visiting teaching and finding my house clean and fresh Mike's Best in the World Cookies cooling on the rack. BEST HUSBAND EVER!
10-Conference Edition of the Ensign. Buy it; read it; love it; cry lots.
I thought I'd write a little Thanksgiving entry. I really could have gone on forever, especially since Michael and I have been keeping a blessings basket through the month. But I figured you wouldn't want to hear over and over again how hot Michael is. :D

1 comment:

  1. New favorite Stephens Hot Cocoa, Peppermint. It's special edition for Christmas and has a polar bear on it. (The Stephen's log is really small up in the corner). BUt it is soooooooo good. I bought it last Wednesday, and it's already over halfway gone.

    ReplyDelete