Friday, November 6, 2009

The Cleanse of Doom!


This week I am experimenting with my will-power. My sister's doctor said that autoimmune diseases (such as arthritis and allergies and diabetes and so forth) are spurred by the digestive system and a low amount of the good bacterias like probiotics. He told her about this way to cleanse your digestive system and hit the re-set button.
Day 1-2 you eat only raw fruits, veggies, and nuts.
Day 3-5 you eat a nauseating concoction of squeezed lemons, real maple syrup and cayenne pepper. That's it. Just this suicidal lemonade.
Day 6-7 just when you're ready to swear off all healthy foods and get on a pure chocolate cake diet, you get more fruits and veggies and nuts. YAY!
I'm on the part of the nasty lemonade. I think I'd rather be anorexic. Why the junk would you want to feel like you're starving to death and then pour burning, foul acid down your throat for nutrition? Anyway, I'm questioning whether this whole thing is worth it.
The upside is even though it may not cure me of my arthritis or allergies, I may actually see my pre-pregnancy weight again. And I'm appreciating chocolate more. You never do appreciate what you have until you lose it. :)That's why I picked November to do it. It reminds me of all my November experiences growing up. My mother always had way too much fun thinking of horrible ways to teach us to be truly "grateful." We would give up white bread, red meats, sugar, our Christmas presents...all with the hope of making good citizens of us or something like that. I think all I ever really learned was how to eat what I wanted when Mom wasn't around. And to skip Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. Now THERE's a holiday that teaches gratitude. :D

4 comments:

  1. Ha! This is excellent! I love the picture pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam you forgot to mention the november that we only ate bread, the entire month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week after I completed the cleanse, there was an article in the newspaper that told of how pointless the cleanse is. Thanks for not publishing it a week earlier.

    ReplyDelete