Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Percy Pugshire





Meet Percy:


Percy the pug/yorkie puppy stayed with us for a whole week! What a lucky Evelyn! She adored Percy, and when I would punish the puppy for biting (even if he would bite her) she would come passionately to his defense. "MOMMY! Don't punish my puppy! He is just a sweet baby! He doesn't know any better!" When I asked how he would learn what was right and wrong if we didn't punish him, she couldn't argue though. I have never seen a little kid so defensive of a dog, though. Anytime we got within a block of a person when we were taking him for a walk, Evelyn would yell, "This is MY dog! His name is Percy and he's sweet. But you can't take him home!"


He was a sweet puppy, but unfortunately we had to sell him so I could remember how to breath again. I don't know if I developed dog allergies or if just having to take him out so frequently was making my allergies act up, but it wasn't much fun. We will have to try again when we have a yard.


Evelyn handled it well when we sold him, though. We just dropped subtle hints like: "Did you have fun having a sleep over with a puppy for so long? Did you know it's almost time for him to go?" She didn't even cry when he left, but she has mentioned that she is really sad, "because Percy hasn't come back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment