Monday, August 24, 2009

Surprise A La Mouse

This morning I was making Evelyn and me a nice breakfast. I went to my utinsil drawer for a couple forks. Instead of getting forks I got: A MOUSE! I nice fuzzy, brown, cute mouse in my silverware drawer. The said mouse looked up at me as if to say: "Well, Hello! May I have some of that delicious egg you've been cooking?" And I replied: "Certainly not! Don't think I haven't read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie!"

Okay, I didn't really say that. I think what actually came out of my mouth was more like: "AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" The mouse looked at me indignantly and said: "I'll take that as a 'No." Now I suppose I'll make my exit." And so he casually disappeared over the side of the door into the safety of my other cabinets. Insert mouse here (One top of my knives):


Michael says I still can't have a cat. Bummer.
My only fear now is that Evelyn LOVES to play in the cabinets. One of these days I'm going to walk into the kitchen and she's going to look at me with a little brown tail hanging out of her mouth. Euuuuugh! ...Maybe I'll escape to my parents' house for the day.

3 comments:

  1. ICK!! That is so nasty having one on your silverware! I must admit thought, I liked the bit about "If you give a mouse a cookie". I haven't read that story in so long.
    Tell Michael it's either letting a cat get the mouse or Evelyn getting the little bugger. Cats are a little quicker and more immune to the ickies of mice. I hope you get the little bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mission accomplished! Last night we caught the little bugger! I felt really bad though. Despite our attempt to trap him by hand, we couldn't find him and had to set a trap. But at least I can take my silverware out of the dishwasher and place them back in the drawer! And anytime I see an Evelyn toy residing under the cabinets I won't jump a mile. Hip-hip-hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread the nights when kitty wakes us up, it usually means he's caught another mouse. I just wish I knew whether he got it from our kitchen or the outside, and brought it in. Then again, maybe it's better not to know.

    ReplyDelete