Monday, August 24, 2009

"Dugga-Dugga"

Bugs. Evelyn loves bugs. Why I wasn't blessed with a daughter that screams and runs the other way or stomps on them, I will never know. Evelyn daily goes on Bug Hunts. While signing "where" she starts walking around saying "Dugga-Dugga-Dugga". (I think it's an appropriately creepy name for such yucky creatures.) Then when she gets so lucky as to find a bug, she picks it up and lets it crawl all over her while giggling. When she's quite through torturing the insect of whatever variety, she takes the bug and throws it on Momma. Then, when Momma is done screaming, she throws the bug in the toilet. FUN GAMES! I personally think it's worse than having a 9 year old boy have a crush on me.

This is Evelyn playing with her most common bug friend: an ant. She also has found ladybugs, grasshoppers, various beetles, a couple spiders, praying mantis', and most recently a fuzzy catapillar. She was in heaven. Luckily so far I have been able to find all the desert centipedes and dispose of them properly before she sees them.

No comments:

Post a Comment