Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Teenage Boys

One of my favorite past-times is to try and figure out what makes people tick: big people, little people, people who climb on rocks....I love it! My favorite thing to ponder on is the difference between men and women. Poor Michael has to listen to all my theories and frequently answer the unanswerable questions such as: "What is it about guys that makes them love explosions so much?!"
A few nights ago, I was on another kick, this time trying to discover what motivates teenage boys. A dangerous subject, I know. I asked Michael what he thought about it. After thinking for an exhaustably long time (One was hoping that meant something really philosophical and intellegent was going to come from all that thinking!) he stated simply: "Food."
"Food?"
"Food."
I was hoping for something a little more deep and profound than "Food," so I exclaimed: "That's it?! Not "impressing girls" or "popularity" or "Independence?" just "Food?!"
Michael looked a little sheepishly at me and said: "Well, I didn't want to sound shallow and say hormones."

1 comment:

  1. Well that sounds pretty correct. Food does keep many of us going.

    ReplyDelete