Monday, July 27, 2020

Backyard: FINALLY!

I have waited so many years for a backyard! I knew what I wanted: A FENCE! A small veggie garden, fruit trees, a fire pit, a fountain and a "Secret Garden" type feel. Finally, we got to do it just how I wanted, though we had to give up some dreams: like the stone archway surrounding the fire-pit and the Mountain/cave/waterfall playground I tried to build.  (Epic fail on that one! At least my attempt was in miniature, not full size!) 
Working in the yard has been a huge part of my life this year. I have loved every step! (Minus the dying trees.... GRRRR) Here are some pictures of our progress!


Evelyn used our shed during the spring as a playhouse. She had chairs and lights and decorations, but as soon as it got too hot we moved our tools in there.
My garden looked so little at this point: don't worry, my tomato plant is now as high as the fence, we're getting at least 2 zucchinis a day, and we have 4 nicely growing pumpkins.





I took this picture right before we evacuated due to a fire on the mountain just south of us. The wind was insane!


No comments:

Post a Comment