Monday, June 28, 2010

Magic Kisses

What is it with kids thinking kisses are magic? They fall and get a huge goose egg and come screaming in to get a kiss from Mommy (Daddy kisses are not nearly as magic) and then every thing's instantly better. Even when the goose egg hasn't diminished in size? Even if they're still bleeding profusely. Okay, maybe that one requires a Magic Band Aid as well. I never cease to be amazed that the power of my own kisses.
There are times, of course that I must refuse to distribute my Magic Kisses. Like the time Eya sat down too hard in the tub and wanted me to kiss her bum. Or when she hurt herself in the car seat while I was driving. Then came the birth of Magic Blown Kisses! Believe it or not, they work just as well!
Eya has Magic Kisses as well. They really are! There's nothing quite as comforting as smacking a sore joint and having Eya come up and kiss it better.
"Oh, get hurt, Mommy? Poor Mommy! I kiss it better? *kiss* There. Okay now?" She does this all stroking my hair and face. It's so cute! I honestly forget about my pain!

Evelyn still has her obsession with Bugga-buggas. In fact, a lot of the time she won't use the toilet unless she can put an ant in the toilet first. (Don't ask.) The other day she found an ant on the bathroom floor going into convulsions because of the poison we sprayed.
"Bugga-bugga? Are you okay?" She was very concerned. "I kiss you better?" The she leaned down and kissed the floor around the ant. Luckily she exhaled right before and the bug blew halfway across the room, so she didn't end up with a poisoned ant in her mouth.

2 comments:

  1. I remember magic kisses. They really did fix EVERYthing. I'm re-experiencing that with my neice, only she has to have a bandaid too, regardless if it's bleeding or not, lol.
    I agree with the bugga-bugga. Good thing she exhaled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad my little brothers and sisters dont stop crying- even with a magic kiss. It seems that they belicve the more dramatic they are, and the louder they scream, and the more they kick their feet and legs, the less it will hurt. Sigh. I dont understand - kisses are so much quieter.

    ReplyDelete