Friday, June 18, 2010

Pregnancy Announcement

Now, Don't get too excited. I'm not pregnant. Sorry.

No, it's just that Father's Day coming up in the anniversary of when we announced to Michael's parents that they were going to become grandparents. We had an awesome idea, and I thought I'd share my genius with you ;).

General Conference that spring had a talk (I'm thinking by Pres. then Elder Eyring, but I'm not sure) in Priesthood about how it was the priesthood's responsibility to assembly emergency essentials: food, 72-hour-kits, etc. So we decided to get Michael's dad an Emergency Preparedness Kit.

So on Father's Day we gave him his Blue-Tupperware Emergency Preparedness Kit. Honestly, he didn't look too excited for it; kind of that politely Do-I-have-to-be-grateful-for-this look, until he opened it and beheld the contents. We had filled it lovingly with all the things a grandparent needs.
It took Michael's parents a few minutes to figure out what was going on. The first thing Michael's dad saw was a package of diapers, and he was busy thinking, "What kind of a cruel "Old-man" joke is this?"
But when it finally sunk in, we got the reaction we wanted:

1 comment:

  1. Rats, you TOTALLY got my hopes up! I was gonna congratulate you and everything. well, I thought the idea was AWESOME. Every grandparent needs a grandkids kit, lol.

    ReplyDelete