Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Big "M"


Proper Motivation. That's all I needed. I didn't think I'd find it in me to potty train Evelyn until she started kindergarten. But lately, feeling pushed and prodded and a wee bit competitive, I decided to make my preparations. Nothing serious, you understand, just enough to enable me to start potty training whenever I felt the urge to.
But I found, much to my surprise that the preparations I made were all I needed to get myself excited for the task. And what preparations did I make? Observe:




We coated all our carpet and our couches with sticky plastic! Now you ask, "But Pamela, was spending $50 in order to potty train your daughter worth it?" YOU BETCHA!!! There was no way I was going to let her do such a thing on my brand new carpets. Plus we like popping the air bubbles as we walk down the hall.
Evelyn, I don't think, will ever want to go back to real carpet again. She lounges and rolls around and makes plastic-flooring angels. I think she likes the feeling of the cold plastic.

4 comments:

  1. I'm agog with admiration, and a little envy. Wouldn't it make it much nicer to clean up after the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: WOW. LOL! I don't think I'd have the patience to put all that down! again, WOW.

    ReplyDelete