Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cute Things Evelyn Said

During the sacrament at church, I usually read to Evelyn from her New Testament Reader, to get her to calm down and be reverent. It's worked really well so far. Today, Evelyn opened to the page of John the Baptist. So I start whispering the story in her ear. I was just about ready to turn the page and move on when Evelyn picked up on something I read.
"HE EATS BUGGA-BUGGAS?!?!" She shouted. "PEE-EW!!!!!"
Sacrament Meeting wasn't so reverent after that.

The other night we were putting Evelyn down for bed. If you don't know Evelyn, she is a very routine girl. If her schedule gets thrown off, she's not happy. So after we sang her songs and prayed with her I kissed her goodnight, and prepared to stand up. Before I could move, Evelyn had my face between her hands.
"Yisten, Mommy, Yisten." she demanded.
"All right, what is it?"
"Eya, go to seep, then Mommy go to seep. Then Daddy go to seep. Next, we wape up. Then pyay yots with Eya. And eat. Eat yots of food. Eat strawberries."
"Ok, Evelyn, that sounds perfect!" I say
"And play on syides. BIIIG [slides]." She added.
After I agreed that we could do this, she went right to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. She's getting to a funny cute age isn't she. Linaya's begun to carry her blanket around and cuddles it to her face when she's tired. I really didn't think I had let her train to have a "blankie", but she does, and it's just so cute I let her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelyn is so cute. She kinda reminds me of my niece (she'll be four in August) and she does the same thing. Its darling when they dictate what we must do, otherwise it seems like the world will end if it's not performed exactly right, lol.

    ReplyDelete