Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Nielson Strangeness

Beatnik Bacon Folk Songs by Charles "Che" Nielson

Makin' Bacon

Chorus

Makin' bacon. Do you care?
Makin' bacon. Smell the air.
Makin' bacon. Count the ways.
Makin' bacon. All your days.

vs. 1

Bacon with eggs. Bacon just plain.
Bacon fat milkshake. Bacon insane.
Bacon with chicken and a bit of Dijon
Bacon with turkey. Make it your own.
Bacon on pizza. Bacon in pie.
Bacon wrapped bacon. Bacon til you die.

Chorus

vs. 2
bacon with pancakes. Bacon quiche dish.
Bacon with waffles. Bacon stuffed fish.
Bacon potatoes. Bacon supreme.
Bacon on salad. Bacon ice cream.
Bacon on pizza. Bacon in pie
Bacon wrapped bacon. Bacon til you die.

Chorus

Vs. 3
Bacon avocado. Bacon stuffed lamb.
Bacon guacamole. Bacon with jam.
Bacon devil's food. Bacon spinach cream.
Bacon apple streudel. Bacon barf dream.
Bathing in bacon. Bacon perfume.
Bacon Armageddon. Bacon is your doom.

Chorus (x2)

Is it just me, or does 'bacon' look really funny after seeing it written so many times?

Poems by Robert Frost discovered by Marilyn Nielson

The One Not Eaten (Compare with The Road Not Taken)
Two donuts lay on a yellow plate,
And sorry I could not eat them both
and not seem greedy, I had to wait,
Hand hovering above the cake--then leave it with a muttered oath.

I took the other, just as plump,
And having perhaps the better claim,
because of it's frosting and apple lumps;
though as for that the icing pump
Had crowned them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
Untouched by human hand or lip--
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet seeing as they were on display
I doubted I'd get another nip.

I shall be telling this with an ache
Somewhere meals and meals hence:
Two donuts sat for me to take--
I ate the fritter, not the cake,
And that has made all the difference.

Ham and Toast (Compare with Fire and Ice)
Some say the day should start with ham,
Some say just toast.
Since I have small regard for jam,
I hold with those who favor ham.

Still, though I do not like to boast,
I think I know enough of wheat
To say that for digestion, toast
Is good to eat,
And would suit most.

Stopping for Eggs on a Hungry Morning (Compare with Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening)
Whose eggs these are I think I know.
His plate in unattended, though;
He will not catch me eating them
In flagrante delicto.

My little fork will pause just here,
Above them in the atmosphere,
Between the mouth and steaming plate
The darkest morning of the year.
The egg yolks give a little sway
As if to ask if it's okay.

I reassure them with a bite
And quickly make my getaway.
The eggs are gone, my jaws are stilled.
But I have other meals to build,
And mounds to eat before I'm filled,
And mounds to eat before I'm filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment