Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Morning

For Christmas morning this year, we knew Evelyn would wake up earlier than us, so we put a blanket up so she wouldn't just go straight in to open presents. She was very confused when she started for the bathroom and she noticed the blanket blocking off our kitchen and living room. She turned on the hall light and stared at it in consternation. I explained about how it was hiding Santa's surprise and then she was excited!
This is her pointing at the presents and explaining things to me:
...And dancing to Mannheim Steamroller's 'Joy to the World." She was pretty spastic, turning somersaults as fast as possible.
One of her favorite presents, a little Webkins Himalayan cat. Evelyn first named it "Laya," but she couldn't remember it, so she changed it to "Vernon" (I have no idea where she got that!). Then she changed it to "Silly Kitty," but now it's morphed into "Sally Kitty" which I think might stick.

She was the perfect age for presents this year. She had the cutest reactions:

But by the end she wanted to stop opening presents and start playing. For the last few presents, she told Daddy, "You open it." But she was still very interested.

Despite all the material distractions, we tried to still focus on the real meaning of Christmas. Today Evelyn asked me if it was Jesus' Birthday. I told her "No, we celebrated that yesterday, so it will be a whole year until next Christmas." She agreed with me and then said, "And Jesus will come next year."

I truly hope so, Sweetheart.

Another cute thing she said to me today: "Oh, I love you, little darling! Come over here so I can kiss you! There, now you got an angel kiss!"

No comments:

Post a Comment