Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Little Ballerina, I love you!

Evelyn,
I love your silly stretches.


I love that you listen so intently to Miss Kim that it looks like you're glaring at her.


I love that little tongue sticking out of the side of your mouth as you practice your ballet positions.


I love it when you get so into the dance, you lose your balance and while flailing, knock the girls around you down before you finally succumb to gravity and fall.



I love your free style dance: spastic, hyper and joyous.



I love your wrinkly dance tights and your saggy leotard.

I love your hip wiggles.


I love your floppy tap shoes that might fly off when you are kicking.


I even love it when you won't dance because you tell me your shoes are shy.


I love that you have the dance positions song memorized, but you still struggle with actually getting your body to do them.







And yes, I even love you monkeying on the ballet bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment