Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HALLOWEEN and Fake smiles


We had a Halloween party with Michael's family. It had been a long time since we had entertained anyone, so I decided to go all out. But Michael's poor family had to put up with all my juvenile party games. I'd like to claim that we played them for Evelyn's benefit, but no, I would have subjected his family to them anyway. I am just not sure how to throw a party without playing silly games. Any good ideas?

Anyway, here are our costumes:

Guess Who?






What is it about Evelyn's fake smiles? Will I ever get a natural smile again?!


We played a good game of Pin the Skeleton.....Together. Here is Evelyn's attempt: (we let her do it with her eyes open.)


Still doing a pretty good job!
....And the finished product. Beautiful, eh? (And another fake smile!) Here is the adults' attempt:



Next we went on a Witch Hunt: a gag pinata (I have no idea how to get that little squiggle over the "n"). How was it a gag? Well, we had to choose our weapons out of a hat. There were little poems assign your weapon to you. For instance,
"The Boomerang of Wonder,
Will likely never blunder,
'Cuz our witch comes from
Way down...
...in Australia."


We had all sorts of weapons from toothpicks to an oven mitt; from a pen to a needle nose pliers.
Here is a picture of Cory biting the witch like a dinosaur:
And Carl using the rolling pin:
Evelyn with a rolled-up newspaper:

The toothpicks' destruction:

Finally, once we ran out of weapons, we passed out the last poem;
"I have a clue that will make you sick:
The living room, You, and the Candlestick!"
That brass candlestick sealed the witch's doom.


Next we painted pumpkins. Evelyn was so excited! She almost took longer than anyone else painting hers, and she definitely used more colors. I actually got a blister on my thumb from opening all the different paints she wanted!

And here are the finished products!

1 comment:

  1. Pam, you are so creative! I LOVED the gag pinata- I might have to steal your idea for next year... (Don't worry, I don't know how to do the squiggle for the n either...)

    ReplyDelete