Friday, January 22, 2010

Sob Story

Poor Little Evelyn!!!! Yesterday while at my mom's house, Evelyn was playing around and being good as gold as usual, when she knocked over a chair on herself. When I picked the chair off of her, her mouth was full of blood, and I got a sinking feeling that she was really hurt. But we couldn't look in her mouth because she was screaming too loud. So after about 30 minutes of cuddling her, mopping up blood and singing her hymns, I finally got to look in her mouth. She knocked out her front tooth. Luckily, it was a clean wound--she didn't break off the tooth at the root, but the root ripped half her gum off with it. Her mouth looks awful, but the dentist said it would heal completely, except of course for having to wait 3-4 years for her permanent tooth to come in. Her two teeth surrounding the one that was knocked out are pretty loose, so Evelyn gets a diet of ice cream and pudding for a little while.

Not only am I feeling so bad for my sweet little Evelyn getting hurt, but I'm mourning the loss of my little girl's beautiful smile. I'm sure eventually I learn to love that gap-toothed smile, but it looks so awful right now as a wound that I cry every time I look at her.



Here she is showing off her hurt. She's really swollen too: you can see it better in this picture:


And here's a tooth obituary picture. This was taken the night before the accident. Zoom up and say goodbye to that cute little toothie.


1 comment:

  1. Poor little lamb! I'm so sorry about her tooth.

    By the way, I found an old picture of Sebby where he looks like Evelyn to me. Remind me to email it to you sometime (I don't think I have your email address yet?).

    ReplyDelete