Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Embarrassing Story Time!

So the condos around here are selling for a lot of money. Because of all the high demand, realtors are starting to come door to door to see if people are interested in selling their homes. Michael and I politely tell them that we are not interested, and close the door. Then we joke about how tempting it is to sell our condo when the prices are high. (No worries, we've got another 3 year commitment to be here!) One time I joked about how I should tell these realtors to "Get behind me, Satan!"
Fast forward to tonight. Michael and I were busy making dinner, when Evelyn comes running in saying, "Mom, there's a realtor at the door!!!" I told her I was too busy to come to the door, and asked her to please tell him we were not interested. She protested, "I don't think I can do that!" so I reassured her by saying that all she had to say is we don't want to sell our house right now.
A few seconds later I hear the door open and Evelyn yell, "GET BEHIND ME, SATAN!!!!" Then the door slammed and Evelyn ran to her bedroom.
I found myself exclaiming, "Did she just say that to a real person?!" I opened the door, and there was a very bewildered looking man standing on my front porch! After I apologized, I found out he wasn't a realtor at all: just a man looking for a neighbor whose unit number he didn't know!
When I went to Evelyn's bedroom, she was hiding under her blankets with the lights off, giggling through tears. She was very proud/embarrassed at herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment