Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Children's Music Class

Due to a lot of requests, I have begun teaching a Children's Music class. Right now I have 8 students, and I absolutely love it! I teach basic sight singing and ear training, voice lessons, singing in harmony, and how to be competitive with the opposite sex :D. Then, like a naughty grandparent, I get all the children hyper off of sugar and send them home. My students love me, and I love them too!
I would like to share pictures from our "Show-What-You-Know" performance. 



Reviewing Solfegg. 

The Sekona Boys 

My whole class!
 I love to try to come up with games and new ideas to teach them music. For learning the names of the notes, I made a bunch of note sized presents with the names of the notes on them and we see how quickly they can put them on the corresponding place on the staff. They love to turn that one into a boys against girls competition.
 Here they showed how we have been learning rhythms with our rhythm band instruments.They have picked up rhythms very quickly! Who wouldn't when you can make a lot of noise?!
 This was one of my more genius ideas; Piano key twister! Goof off while learning where the notes are! I'm not sure why none of the parents wanted to play... :D


Then we finished everything off with "Mele Kalikimaka," "Through the Stable Doors" and Costco chocolate cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment