Friday, April 22, 2011

From the View of a Child

From Evelyn's Memory:



"I went to Disneyland for 5 days. {We were only in the park for 3, but it was an 8 day vacation.} And I am not going anywhere else in Disneyland but the Tiki Room. *sings* In the Tiki Tiki Tiki room, in the tiki tiki tiki room, all the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki tiki tiki room! And the ones (tikis) said 'kuk, kuh, kuh-kuh-kuh!' and the daddy ones said, 'Oop! Ha! Oop! Ha!' Like that. And the bird said, 'I sang so beautiful!" Like that. It rains in the tiki room, but when you are done, it's not raining! And it's magic, huh?






"We go on Jungle Cruise and the animals said 'roar!' and the elephant said, 'whoo! whoo!' and the monkeys said, 'ee-ee-ee!' And the tiger and the lions were not here again, just Hippos! My favorite part was the tiger, because I have a tiger like in the cruise. My tiger's name is Tissy. It is a girl.


"Then we went on Small World again. My favorite ride! We go on boats and see silly indians with masks on. --And belly buttons. We saw baby pandas and Ariel and Nemo and Dori.



"And besides that we went on 'Pirates,' then we waited 5 days to go on 'Pirates' again. We saw two slides and we go, "Splash! Splash!" and I covered my eyes so I don't get water in my eyes. And they sing, "yo-ho yo-ho a pirates' life for me!" My favorite part was the slides but they almost splashed my eyes. And they were a little bit scary, Mom.



"Now I have to tell you about Small World again. Did you know Small World is my favorite ride? When I get bigger and bigger, maybe I can go on Indians-Joneses.

"On Dumbo, we FLY! With a magic feather. Uh, huh.

"We went on Horsies. They went down. And Up!

"We saw Woody! That was in my movie. And we saw belly-buttons with the indians. Because they don't have clothes on. We saw Jessie and Bullseye and Woody in Disneyland. We killed Zurg dead with shooters!"

"And we saw Cruella DeVille! Cruella DeVille! She's a little bit scary. But she was a nice Cruella, not a mean Cruella.

"We were waiting for Repunzal to come out and we said, "*gasp!* Who's that? Is that Repunzal? No, that's a silly boy!" Then she came out and she gave me a hug and went to her tower. But she didn't see my shirt!



{Did we see the knights at Mideval Times?}


"That was not at Disneyland! But we got a Blue knight with blue flags and we whipped with them. And Daddy took my flag away because I whipped with it. The Green Knight said, "I'm going to kill you, Blue Knight!" and we said, "Boo! You naughty garbage, Green Knight!" I don't like Green Knights. They're really naughty, like Ursula is a naughty witch. My Blue Prince gave me a flower. He loves me so much! He is my favorite boy in the whole world!" {Even more than Maxwell?} "Yes. And the bad guy said, "I'm going to throw you in the garbage!" You can give him to me! *giggles* Just Kidding! I will get rid of the green Knight and throw him in the garbage and in your big white toilet. And we say, "Woohoo!" and *spits*. And we are mad at the Green Knight. Some Green Knights are Naughty. Some Blue Knights are nice. Some Yellow Knights are naughty, too. We will have to go see them again because they will be lonely. Poor Blue Knight!


"Do you know a special thing? The special thing is: *whispered* I love you!


Grandmas Mary and Papa Dail came with us. We drove, drove, drove. Grnadma had presents for me, but not right now! She set the timer and it said, "Beep, beep, beep!"




"I got a hat from a store in Disneyland. It looks like blue and purple with a big, big flower. I buyed my hat with lots of money; and a sucker too.

"We trade pins! And I was crying and I got two pins! Tinkerbell pins. They were my favorite."

No comments:

Post a Comment