Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Christmas Memories

On Christmas Day we got our first snowfall since October! We woke Evelyn up and told her to get dressed up for the snow, then we ran past the Christmas tree and presents and went sledding! We had been waiting, and WAITING to go sledding! Mostly because we wanted to see if Angelo is a sled dog. I put him riding on a sled on his stocking and we wanted to see if it was true. 
It wasn't. He is definitely NOT a sled dog. He would only ride the sled if I carried him on my lap, but he hated it even then. But he liked chasing the sleds and having free reign of the park. Actually, he doesn't even really like snow. Oh well. Maybe next year he'll be better. 



Love her face here!





Pugs faces are always captured best when they are running or shaking.--Just personal opinion.
When we got home we danced to Mannheim Steamroller's Joy to the World as per tradition.


 Evelyn tried to get Angelo to dance with us. He didn't understand that either. Again, maybe next year. This dog just doesn't have the raw intelligence that Penny had.  But he has a much sweeter disposition. So we love him, even though he won't sled, roll over, or dance.

Then we opened our personal family gifts. Evelyn had Daddy's name this year. She got him the Lego Movie and Doritos. 
 Michael got me a picture of Christ calming the storm to put in my Voice Lesson/entertainment room.
 I had Evelyn and I got her more dragons of course! We have a whole collection, and we like to figure out their personalities and magical characteristics and relationships with each other. We are creating a whole dragon world.

 Here is Angelo with his stocking. I was so excited to finish it before Christmas! I think I finished it the week of Christmas. Sorry about the fingers in the photograph...I didn't notice them til now, but this is the only picture I got of his stocking.

So we did our typical family Christmas again complete with reindeer games. Here are some favorite pictures from this year.
 Gotta have a good scary knife picture! 
A new game we did this year is we had to play a board game and the winner would open the next gift. We learned that if we played "Spot It" I would always end up opening the gift.



We had Evelyn be my puppet again this year, but I didn't love that game this time: She's too big, I'm too old...you know. But here are some cute pictures.



 This was the game where you had to roll a dice in order to open the gift. If you got a six, you got to try to open it without tearing the wrapping.

More classic platypus opening. Why does Daddy always get this game, and I always get the open with your feet one? 





 I think I accidentally flipped something into the tree trying to open this gift with a serving spoon.

 This is what Angelo did the whole time. He was so good, because otherwise he would have stolen all of the bows and chewed them.

Another new game we tried is that you had to pick an ornament on the tree and play charades until we guessed it. Here is the ornament:
 Here is Daddy acting it out:
 I don't have the picture of the ornament, but I think this one is pretty obvious.
Here is Evelyn's:




 Keep away present opening:



 I think I drew this, but passed it to Michael:

 Family opening with elbows only:






 No idea what Evelyn was acting out here....probably just frustration that we aren't done opening gifts yet. It took 3 hours!

One of Michael's gifts was hot wheel's tracks. I should not have done this! I have created a monster!


No comments:

Post a Comment